background

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wearing Good Dress for Beautification



Abu Obeida related that Jabir ibn Abdullah said, "We went out with the Messenger of Allah B on the raid of Thee Anmar."
Then Jabir ibn Abdullah said," While I was resting under a tree, the Messenger of Allah B approached us."
He said, "I said, 'O Messenger of Allah! Come to the shade.' So the Messenger of Allah B came and sat down, and I stood up and went to a sack of ours. I looked in it and found a small cucumber and broke it. Then I brought it to the Messenger of Allah B. He said, 'And from where did you get this?' I said, 'We brought it from Madina.' "
Jabir said," We had a companion of ours with us whom we used to equip to go out to guard our mounts. So I equipped him and he went to the mounts. He was wearing two threadbare cloaks. So the Messenger of Allah B looked at him and said, 'Does he have two garments other than these?' "
Jabir said, "I said, 'O Messenger of Allah, he has two garments in the bag I clothed him with both.' He said, 'Call him and command him to put them on.'"
He said, "So I called him and he put them on and then he turned and left. Then the Messenger of Allah B said, 'What is it with him? May Allah strike his neck! Isn't that better for him?'
The man heard him and said, 'O Messenger of Allah, in the way of Allah!' He said, 'Yes, in the way of Allah.' "
Jabir said, "So the man was killed in the way of Allah."
Al-Rabii said, "Abu Obeida said, 'And this is an encouragement and urging from the Prophet B for the Muslims to wear good dress for beautification.' "
Related by Al-Rabii bin Habib (Al Jami' Al Sahih, Hadith No: 277)

No comments:

Post a Comment