background

Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Cover of White

Here are some spiritual words, "Ramadhanic thoughts" authored by Mariyam bint Hamdan Al-Dahmania, and entitled as "Dathar Al-Bayadh" or "the Cover of White".




The Cover of White
You've covered me with white that gives my soul amiability and peace.
O you, who are coming back with lamps of light, leave me.
Leave me in your spaces, swimming like orbits.
You have heavens, to which a souls ascends.
Our souls calmed down.
Our souls calmed down to subside all the noise around us.
And the chaos of our feelings remains confused how to live you?
How to live you? How can we gain all of your gifts?
How can it do so, O the Master of Good, and you, you are remaining as you are?!
Sometimes you show in a date, and excite, in a meeting, the souls, which will be crowned with mercies,
and included in forgiveness,
and prompted to the field of good deeds.
And they wish if they have a thousand souls.
They wish to take off their humanity limits,
So that they will not be exhausted with hours, and will not need snoozes, and therefore, will not lose any of your meanings.
And what did you hide for me in the night?
You remain far away like a star in the sky, illuminating, in my soul, a sparkle that charms me, and nails my feelings and excites them at the same time.
And you remain
And you remain nearby like heart palpitations, hearing the talk of my soul and you become the echo.
O you, The Luminous White, slow down.
Slow down because the thirst has cracked the soul's land, and you kept on watering it from the tears of longing.
You are like stars that whisper a secret in the soul, and the universe will become hearers, except who refuses.
You make me sometimes like the bird, when it warbles at dawn with the glorifications of branches, the recital of Quran, longing and yearning to the Creator of Universes.
I, O Ramadhan, you will not see me except at the doors of the ones I love.
My ribs melt from longing.
I, I, O Ramadhan, I would like that the hours of communication extend so that I continue in talking to you secretly,
knocking the door, knocking shyly, calling you "Would You have mercy on a heart that loves You O Allah".
I, no one possessed my heart except You and I'm certain about your gifts because You are the Most Merciful of all who show mercy.
You are the Most Merciful of all who show mercy.

By: Mariyam Al-Dahmania
Translated by Bint Ibadh.

No comments:

Post a Comment