background

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

One Lady and Three Men




Mahraz ibn Mohammed has narrated to us that a woman came to Abdurrahman ibn Al-Hasan where three men have brought suit against her as each one of them claimed that she is his wife. So Abdurrahman asked her and she confessed that they are all her husbands! Then he said to her: "How was your story?"

She said: "The first got married to me and then he rode the sea. So I stayed for some time and later I received his obituary. So I stayed (unmarried) after him for two years or more. Then I got married to another man, then he rode the sea, then I stayed for some time, then I received his obituary, then I stayed (unmarried) for some time. And then this later got married to me."

He said: "show the clear proof." She said:" I used to have the clear proof but they might all be dead as well as the marriage officials."
Abdurrahman said to her: "choose any one of them." And she chose the last man.

Selected from "Masterpieces of the Righteous Predecessors" by Sheikh Nasser Al Sabi'ei.
Original reference: "Al Fadhul ibn Al-Hawari Compilation".  
Translated by: Bint Ibadh.


No comments:

Post a Comment