background

Friday, April 19, 2013

Al-Fatiha (Chapter One) Recitation in Prayer


Abu Obeida reported from Jabir ibn Zaid that Abu Hurayra said: Allah's Messenger (prayer and peace of Allah be upon him) said, "Allah, the Exalted, says: ‘The prayer is divided between Myself and My slave, into two halves. Half of it is for Me and half of it is for My slave and My slave shall have what he asked for.'" And Allah's Messenger (prayer and peace of Allah be upon him) said, "When the slave says, ‘Praise be to Allah; Lord of all Worlds,’ Allah says, ‘My slave has praised Me.’ When the slave says, ‘The Compassionate, the Merciful.’ Allah says, ‘My slave has extolled me.’ And when the slave says, ‘Master of the Day of Judgement.’ Allah says, ‘My slave has glorified me.’ Then the slave says, 'You [alone] we worship, and You [alone] we ask for help,’ And Allah says, ‘This is between Me and My slave, and My slave shall have what he asked for.’ Then the slave says, ‘Guide us to the straight path: the path of those whom You have favoured, not [the path] of those against whom there is wrath, nor of those who are astray. ’ Then Allah says, ‘All these are for My slave, and My slave shall have what he asked for.’"

Related by Al-Rabii bin Habib (Al Jami' Al Sahih, Hadith No: 224)


No comments:

Post a Comment