background

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Supplication in the Night Prayer



Abu Obeida reported from Jabir ibn Zaid that Ibn Abbas  reported that whenever the Prophet (PBUH) offered the midnight prayer, he used to say:" O Allah! All the Praises are for You; You are the Light of the Heavens and the Earth. And all the Praises are for You; You are the Keeper of the Heavens and the Earth. And all the Praises are for You; You are the Lord of the Heavens and the Earth and whatever is therein. You are the Truth, and Your Words are the Truth, and Your promise is the Truth, and meeting You is Truth, and the Paradise is Truth and the (Hell) Fire is Truth, and the Hour is Truth. O Allah! I surrender to You, and believe in You, and depend upon You, and repent to You, and with Your help I argue, and to You I have turned for judgment. So forgive my past and future sins and those sins which I did in secret or in public. You are my God; there is no god (worthy of worship) but You."

Related by Al-Rabii bin Habib (Al Jami' Al Sahih, Hadith No: 491)

No comments:

Post a Comment